At MyFamilyPodiatrist, we are about people. People matter. Making a difference to the quality of your life matters. That’s what we aim for. To do this – we listen to you – we work with you to design the treatment plan that gets the best possible results. We back this up with hours of professional development annually and researching the most up-to-date knowledge and technologies that allow us to effectively diagnose, manage and treat your conditions. You matter.
- Mobilisation: A painless or low pain technique used to loosen restricted joints in the knees and feet — often with an immediate response.
- Deep Tissue Needling Therapy: Acupuncture needles are used to treat trigger points in muscles to relieve pain in many foot and leg conditions. It is extremely useful for heel pain.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This is a form of massage used in conjunction with needling therapy or for people who are needle phobic.
- Radial Shockwave Therapy: Used for chronic soft-tissue injuries, this machine transmits acoustic pulses or ‘shocks’ in to an area of pain, stimulating natural healing properties which are often absent in chronic conditions.
- PACT Technology for Fungal Nails: New treatment available for the eradication of fungal nails! ‘Phototherapy’ uses UV light to propagate antifungal gel for greater absorption in to the affected nail.
- BodyflowTherapy: Treatment aimed at decreasing recovery times from foot, ankle and leg surgery, as well as acute and sub-acute sporting injuries. Suction occurs at a frequency proven to activate smooth muscles in arteries, veins and lymph nodes to increase fluid drainage from the lower-limb.
- Specialised Elite Athlete Support: Treatment of conditions that affect those with a passion for sport but not the injuries.
- BodyTech Advanced Gait Analysis: Specialized technology that electronically records and maps how you walk and run. It allows the podiatrist to find treatments that enhance your biomechanics and protect against injury.
- Childhood Foot and Leg Assessments:Treatment of conditions such as “pigeon toe”, ingrown toenails, plantar warts, growing pains, advice on childhood foot ailments and supportive shoe wear.